About the Program
- Provides assistance only when financial support is not available through a research grant, department, college, or center resources.
- Supports domestic and international travel to present UNL research (oral or poster) at an academic or professional conference.
- Award amounts of up to $750 are based on the following:
- Verified financial need
- Availability of Program funds
- Completeness of application packet (see Application Process)
Current UNL postdocs (see application for definition) are eligible to apply. Additionally, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Fewer than 5 years of service at UNL (not counting time as a grad student)
- No previous travel awards received from this Program in the last year
- Have submitted, OR intend to submit, an abstract for an oral or poster presentation at a professional conference
- Via the application materials, demonstrate that financial support from other sources is either unavailable or insufficient to cover travel expenses.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for travel up to one year in the future. The Grant Committee meets three times per year (in the second week of March, July and November) to consider all applications received since the previous meeting.
Applications for travel already completed will not be considered. Submit your travel grant application at least 6 weeks before you plan to travel!
- Create an application packet:
a. Postdoc Travel Grant Application Form
b. Pre-Trip Authorization Request Form (available at UNL Travel)
- Send us four copies of your application packet (details on form).
- Email your abstract acceptance letter to email@example.com as soon as you receive it. You do not need to send your abstract acceptance with your original application.
Grant recipients will be reimbursed for approved travel expenses. Grants are non-transferable. See application form for full details.