The Office of Postdoctoral Studies has established a travel fund with the University of Nebraska Foundation to help UNL postdoctoral scholars present their research at academic or professional conferences.
Apply for Funding (UNL postdocs only)
About the Program
Provides assistance only when financial support is not available through a research grant, department, college, Center, or personal resources.
• Supports domestic and international travel to present research (oral or poster)—performed as a postdoc while at UNL—at an academic or professional conference.
• Award amounts of up to $750 are based on the following:
- Verified financial need
- Availability of Program funds
- Completeness of application packet (see Application Process)
Any current UNL postdoc (Postdoctoral Research Associate, Research Assistant Professor, Senior Research Associate) is eligible to apply. Additionally, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Fewer than 5 years of service at UNL
• No previous travel awards received from this Program
• Full support of advisor or PI for travel
• Intend to, or already submitted, an abstract for an oral or poster presentation at the conference
• Via the application materials, demonstrate that financial support from other sources is either unavailable or insufficient to cover travel expenses.
- Download travel grant application
- Submit application based on your travel timeline:
Award recipients will be reimbursed for approved travel expenses. See application for full details.