The Office of Postdoctoral Studies has established a travel fund with the University of Nebraska Foundation to help UNL postdoctoral scholars present their research at academic or professional conferences.
Apply for Funding (UNL postdocs only)
About the Program
Provides assistance only when financial support is not available through a research grant, department, college, Center, or personal resources.
- Supports domestic and international travel to present research (oral or poster) at an academic or professional conference.
- Award amounts of up to $750 are based on the following:
- Verified financial need
- Availability of Program funds
- Completeness of application packet (see Application Process)
Current UNL postdocs (see application for definition) are eligible to apply. Additionally, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Fewer than 5 years of service at UNL
- No previous travel awards received from this Program
- Intend to, or have already submitted, an abstract for an oral or poster presentation at the conference
- Via the application materials, demonstrate that financial support from other sources is either unavailable or insufficient to cover travel expenses.
- As of July 15, 2013, applications are accepted on a rolling basis for travel up to one year in the future. The Grant Committee meets three times per year (in the second week of March, July and November) to consider all applications received since the previous meeting.
- Applications for travel already completed will not be considered. Submit your travel grant application early!
- Award recipients will be reimbursed for approved travel expenses. See application form for full details.
Next Committee Meeting: November 10, 2014
Applications for future travel through November 2015 will be considered at this meeting.